Whilst both the School Certificate and Higher School Certificate Results have been excellent over a number of years, perhaps even more impressive is the level of involvement by all students in the singing at College Liturgies.
Students are encouraged to become involved in music outside of the classroom, as it is seen as a valuable tool to develop confidence, teamwork, learning and social skills. Some of the opportunities for the boys of St Gregory’s are listed below:
- Private instrumental tuition- instrumental hire is available
- College Stage Band – 30 players
- Choir – 40 members
- Liturgy Group
- Annual College Musical (in conjunction with St Patrick’s College Campbelltown)
- Solo performances at School Assemblies
- Small Ensembles featuring assorted styles of music
Music Tuition Instrumental Program
Senior School Information
The music tuition instrumental program at St Gregory’s College Senior School, involves students learning from professional visiting music tutors during and after school hours. Individual thirty-minute lessons are available on the following instruments:
- Guitar/Bass Guitar
- The Tuition Fee for 2023 is approx. $35-45 per lesson and payment is made directly to the tutor.
- Students receive lessons on a weekly basis.
- Lessons are of 30 minutes duration and are timetabled throughout the day.
- Tuition fees are payable directly to the tutor with a private agreement.
The College has a limited number of brass and woodwind instruments available for hire, at a cost of $65 per term. Use of this hire scheme is geared towards beginners. Students are strongly encouraged to purchase their own instruments.
Why should you learn to sing or play an instrument?
- Stimulates the brain for greater efficiency, uses cognitive, language, physical and social learning skills
- Offers a healthy and socially acceptable outlet for expressing emotions
- Gives the power of creativity
- Success is achieved through sustained effort, learning the value of diligence and detail
- Challenges and conquers fears
- Shows to a prospective employer you are a multi-dimensional worker, possessing self-confidence, creative intelligence and a strong sense of perseverance and self-motivation
If you have any questions, please contact Miss Kathryn Wray via email