Whilst culminating in individualistic Stage 6 opportunities to tailor study pathways, all St Gregory’s students gain access to real world knowledge and experience of industries, careers and the ever-evolving transferable skills needed to be a successful St Gregory’s College graduate.
At St Gregory’s College, we acknowledge the importance of understanding, supporting and working with students as they move through very specific transitional stages of their educational journey in the College.
Students gain access to:
- A broad-based curriculum that incorporates subject choices such as agricultural studies, language, the arts, engineering, metal and woodwork
- An ever-expanding Vocational Education Training (VET) suite of subjects that provide industry accredited Certificates (Cert III to IV)
- Facilitation of School-Based Apprenticeships (SBATs), Externally delivered VET (EVET) courses, Technical VET courses (TVET), Career expos, job-ready programs and tailored resources for career pathways
- Dedicated careers-focused sessions for all grades
At St Gregory’s College, we look to support our students to be successful ‘St Greg’s Graduates’ who take their position in society with knowledge, confidence and worldly purpose in the footsteps of St Marcellin Champagnat.
St Greg's Careers website
This site is to provide students with information in relation to career pathways, upcoming university, TAFE, Private College events, information evenings held at various institutions, scholarship/traineeships/cadetships and university open days plus more.
The Transition and Pathways Coordinator provides students with careers information and advice to maximise their career and study options.
- Meeting with students and their parents (one on one or in groups)
- Assistance with Subject choice selection and UAC preferences
- Annual College Careers Expo
- Brochures and publications from universities, TAFE, private colleges, apprenticeship centres and group training organisations
- Careers Newsletter to parents and students per term
- Careers Emails
- Assistance with applications for universities
- Facilitating guest speakers
- Parent information evenings
- Work experience preparation and programs for Year 10
- Liaising with potential employers of school-based apprenticeships (SBA)
- Assistance in resume writing and interview skills
The Careers Room is a resource to provide valuable information to students and parents in regard to post-school options and subject requirements for the HSC, with University and TAFE pre-requisites. The Careers Room is open before school, most recess and lunchtimes and after school.
Students and parents are welcome to make individual appointments. The College has a contract with www.mhscareers.com. This website provides careers news for Australian schools. Parents and students are able to register to receive up to the minute career information.
A good government website that provides lots of useful and practical information about choosing a career can be found at: www.myfuture.edu.au
Have a look!
Sydney University - http://sydney.edu.au/
University of Western Sydney (UWS) - www.wsu.edu.au
Australian Catholic University - http://www.acu.edu.au/
For a complete range of Australian Universities, College and TAFE's go to:
TAFE NSW offers a range of nationally recognised qualifications including Certificates I, II, III and IV, Diplomas, Advanced Diplomas, Graduate Certificates and Graduate Diplomas.
For full details visit http://www.tafensw.edu.au
South Western Sydney Institute (SWSi) is one of Australia's largest TAFE Institutes and services the students in the Macarthur region. The Institute consists of nine world-class colleges spread across the south-western Sydney region, from Granville in the north to Campbelltown in the south. Each college has its own profile of courses with world-class learning facilities and specialist training centres and is conveniently located close to public transport. The Institute attracts over 72,000 students, from all different backgrounds, each year. They enrol in over 700 courses and programs offered by the Institute.
For full details visit http://www.swsi.tafensw.edu.au
Australian Apprenticeships encompass all apprenticeships and traineeships. They combine time at work with training and can be full-time, part-time and school-based. They can lead to a nationally recognised qualification and are available to anyone of working age. They do not require any entry qualifications.
Learn about Australian Apprenticeships and find your nearest Australian Apprenticeships centre with the following information.
The Skilling Australia Information Line
Ph: 13 38 73