Dear Parents and Carers,
Please find attached information from our Careers Dept.
10, 11 AND 12
- 2018 University Open Days Flyer (here)
- UTS Undergraduate Information Evening – Engineering and IT – Thursday 14th June 5pm-8pm UTS Campus,Broadway. IT Scholarships are available. Visit website for more information.
- JOBOUTLOOK – Explore your career options by taking a career quiz, information on skills needed, pathways and ideas for careers you can aim for now and in the future. To find out more, visit: joboutlook.gov.au
- Is your son struggling to find Work Experience? If they are interested in any of the followin
departments at TRN Group, Spring Farm. Please see Mrs Falas or Mrs Patao for more information in the Careers Office on Wednesdays. You must have a current WHS General Construction Induction Certificate (White Card).
- Workshop – either Plant or Truck mechanics
- Project Management/Graduate Engineers
- Civil Operations (field work - out on site)
UAC 2018–19 applications for undergraduate study will open on Wednesday 1 August. Encourage your Year 12 students to apply before early bird applications close at midnight on Friday 28 September to avoid a jump in the application charge. A list of important dates for various applications are available on the UAC News website.
HIA Trades Career Event Sydney –Friday 25th May 2018
Funded by the NSW Department of Industry
HIA has been selected to conduct industry presentations in NSW to help potential apprentices make an informed decision about the right VET and Apprenticeship pathway.
Under HIA’s Build Your Future program, we provide information and advice to students and their parents/guardians so they can gain a broad understanding of the technical knowledge, training and the employability skills required of young people to gain employment in the building industry as well as the career paths and opportunities available to them.
We invite students, teachers and parents to attend this free event which includes presentations from industry professionals, networking and free access to the HIA Sydney Home Show thereafter.
This free event allows attendees to gain further information on Careers in the residential building industry, Industry areas of need (sectors experiencing skill shortages), How to connect your passion to a career pathway, Where to go for quality vocational training, How do I become an apprentice, Speak to industry trade professionals directly and more, presented by Industry Professionals
As this event is to be held in the day time, this would be a great opportunity for a field excursion for students who are currently enrolled in construction classes or are interested in learning more about a career in the building industry.